Ready for the top crust, and I must say "Look at those tomatoes!"
1/2 pound lean ground beef
1/4 cup minced onion
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 cup diced pepper
1 teaspoon dried oregano (I used fresh)
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes (I used fresh)
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1/2 parmesan cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
Pastry for double crust deep-dish pie (9-10 inches)
4 cups sliced zucchini, divided
2 medium tomatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
1. In a skillet, cook beef, onion, salt and garlic salt; drain well. Add the green pepper, oregano, parsley, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and egg; mix well. Set aside.
2. Place bottom pastry in glass pie plate; layer 2 cups of zucchini in crust. Cover with beef mixture. Cover with tomato slices and remaining zucchini. Roll out remaining pastry to fill top of pie. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until crust is lightly browned. Refrigerate leftovers.
Yield: 6-8 servings.
No comments:
Post a Comment