Banner Ridge Yurt
Well if spring is taking its sweet time getting here, we might as well go find some powder to play in! There was plenty of that north of Idaho City this past weekend. We joined the Stenquist crew for some fun at Banner Ridge Yurt for a three day trip.
The hike in was over two miles with about 750 feet climb in elevation. I yelled out a big WOOHOO once I saw the yurt, I was so relieved!
We had a great time hanging inside eating delicious food, playing cards and listening to good tunes. Outside we enjoyed the awesome fire pit the guys dug out for us, as well as sledding and of course, a TON of snowshoeing.
The 2.5 to 3 mile hike in via snowshoes. Complete with 20-50 lbs. packs per person and one sled full of delicious home brew and other goodies.
A very cold, but very cute outhouse
Love what Phil wrote on facebook,
and still amazed I was able to lure him away from the snowmobiles for once! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment