Sunday, November 20, 2011
Chicken with Lime Dressing
This recipe is from my South Beach Diet Cookbook. I was a bit hesitant to try this one, but thought why not its something different. So glad I did, Phil and I both loved the outcome. And when I say loved it, I mean oohhhing and ahhiiing with each bite. So yes, this is one to try if you like Chicken, Lime and Avocado. Refreshing, light, and full of flavor!
Lime Dressing
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup chopped cilantro (I prefer parsley)
1 tbsp chopped onion
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp sugar substitute
1/2 tsp salt
Chicken
1 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pound out to 1/2 in. thickness
2 medium avocados, peeled and pitted
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tsp picante sauce
1 tsp + 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 red bell pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup sliced almonds ( I found a black pepper blend at Winco, delish!)
2 tbsp whole wheat flour
To make the dressing:
In a large bowl, combine lime juice, cilantro, scallions, oil, sugar substitute, and salt.
To make the chicken:
In a large glass dish, combine the chicken with 3 tbsp of the lime dressing. Cover/refrigerate for 10 minutes.
In a medium bowl, mash the avocados with 2 tbsp of the lime dressing. Stir in the lemon juice and picante sauce. Reserve the remaining lime dressing.
Heat 1 tsp of the oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add the pepper, and cook while stirring occasionally for 6 minutes or until peppers are tender and lightly browned. Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more. Remove to a bowl and toss with the almonds.
Remove the chicken fro the dressing and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle flour over both sides of the chicken.
Heat the remaining 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook 6 minutes on each side until cooked. Place chicken on serving dishes, top with the pepper mix, and drizzle the remaining dressing over that. Serve the mashed avocado mix on the side.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment