My sweet girl, you are growing up too fast. Now 12 pounds and 24 inches long. Size 1 diapers. Size 3mo clothing, some being snug and most fitting just right. Won't be long before we hit the next size.
We are having so much fun. Every day you change and develop a new skill it seems. In the last month you've learned to roll over, grab toys, and are full-on cooing and laughing. I swear girl, your as loud as your Daddy (and that's LOUD). No longer sleeping in your swing, but your pretty crib instead. Your also too big for your swaddle, and with starting to roll over its not safe for you to sleep in anymore. I suspect this might give us a few interrupted nights of sleep, but we'll get there. Your favorite toys right now are your Taggie's blanket and your activity mat. You're also starting to drool, which is a definite sign of teething, so your Sophie the giraffe has been in your mouth quite the bit too.
We recently took you on your first mini-camping trip, up to Tim & Di's cabin in Donnelly near Lake Cascade. It was the three of us, Tim and Di, April, John and they're boys Brad and Tyler, as well as Timothy. We took the camper and four wheeler. You took your first ride on it with Daddy and he said you LOVED it. You and I hung out at the cabin soaking up the sun and playing in the creek while Daddy went fishing with John. They came back with 27 big perch and we had a fish fry that evening. We did so well away from the house equipped with all the right gear and that was the most important part. Oh except for that very important part Mamma forgot for herself, the flanges to the breast pump. This required Daddy to fabricate something homemade out of a water bottle, but we got the job done and thankfully didn't have to leave early and go home. The best piece of gear we had was the mosquito net to use over your pack n' play and your jogger. It worked great that evening when us ladies took a stroll down to the boat launch. A part of the walk was mud bogging your super cool jogger through a field. I got a few bites, but you were just fine. That night was the first time sleeping away from your swing, and I thought for sure it could be a long and sleepless night. But as you do, you took it like a champ and cuddled in between me and your Daddy and slept like the angel you are. And with that going so well, is when we figured we'd try the crib when we got home. You little rock star, you!
Another big thing right now is your transition from breast milk to formula. I had always planned to nurse you through to the six month mark, but with going back to work full time its turned into a painful, cloggy experience. Your pediatrician at your 4 month checkup said I should switch you over, so we started last night. So far so good. It'll be a slow process to wean completely, but I'm looking forward to more time with you away from that dreaded pump and less pain and anguish. My heart breaks though, I miss nursing you so much. A special chapter closing. I try not to think about it, otherwise I get tearful.
This weekend a most exciting something is happening. YOU GET TO MEET YOUR GREAT GRANDMA! This is my Daddy's Mom, Geraldine Burbank. She lives in Ohio and is flying out to visit us. I can't wait for her to come off the plane and finally meet you, oh what a moment it'll be! Hopefully while she's here we can go to the park and feed the ducks like she did with me when I was a little girl, and take a stroll on the green belt. This will probably be her last trip out visiting Idaho, so we have to make it extra special. After this its up to us to go see her, which we'll gladly do!
A few holidays have passed this last month...
Mother's Day - We started the morning off with a visit to Grandma Vicky's. She loved seeing you. We then headed up highway 21 to Idaho City. over to Crouch and north to Silver Creek Plunge. It was just what I wanted to do for the day, take a nice drive and show you the pretty mountains of Idaho. It's my favorite place to be! We took our time, looked at all the pretty colors, and just enjoyed being a family. Our dog Cody was with us too, she always loves a trip to the mountains.
My 32nd birthday - Not so great. I was terribly clogged for 2 days and stayed home suffering all day long trying to remedy the situation. The good part is that you were there with me. You got me the sweetest birthday card complete with an outline of your hand print inside.
Father's Day - I was camping the evening before with my girlfriends, but I got up early and made it home by 9 a.m. to spend the day with you and Daddy. You and I hid cute little notes, quotes and music lyrics all over the house for Daddy to discover. He loved it. We also bought him an outfit perfect for walking with you to the store. We spent the afternoon in the backyard playing on a blanket while Daddy made his tomato cages for the garden. It was a lovely, relaxing day.
That's about it for our four month post. You're just a super sweet and easy girl. Summer is here and there's nothing quite like lying with you on a blanket in the yard and staring up at the blue sky and watching the green leaves dance. Let's do that tonight k...
No comments:
Post a Comment